Saturday, July 31, 2010

Update on that Bucket List

Summer Bucket List:



1. Climb Table Rock- Check!  My sister in law climbed Table Rock early one morning.  It was a short, but intense hike.  The view of Boise was beautiful and peaceful especially that time of day.  I sprained my ankle the next day and have been unable to do much hiking since.

2. Play tennis- Check!  My husband bought rackets for all of us.  I definately need some major practice.   But it was alot of fun.  Can't wait to get back out on the court once my ankle heals.
3. Paint my daughter’s room-work in progress.

4. Landscape my back yard-work in progress.

5. Complete summer reading programs for myself and daughter-we have dropped the ball on this one a little.

6. Go to South Carolina-leave in a week.

7. Go to a Hawks Baseball game

8. Attend a summer concert with my husband

9. Go to the Shakespeare Festival-Check!  Some of my girlfriends watched "An Ideal Husband".  The play was okay, the company and food were fantastic.

10. Ride my bike on the Green Belt

11. Go to the drive-in theater with my family-Check!  We watched "Ironman 2"-disappointing and "Shrek Forever"- the whole family fell asleep for this one. ;)

12. Meridian Dairy Days Parade-Check! We had a blast with cousins watching the parade.  This is seriously the longest parade in Idaho.

13. Run a 5k

14. Camp-out with my family

15. Go to the Western Idaho Fair

16. Swim lessons for my daughter

17. Take my daughter to Starlight Mountain Theater

18. Lay out in the sun in my backyard and catch up reading all of my magazines. Check!  I so enjoyed that day.

19. Visit Eagle Island State Park

20. Visit Sandy Point Beach- Check!  The kids loved playing in the water and the sand.  Kya loves to lay on her float and just drift around in the water.

21. Have a girls night out or in.

22. Grow my garden-work in progress.  Although, I don't know what's up, but my garden isn't doing so great this year.

23. Host a “Swap and Talk” with friends

24. Host Award BBQ for “Better Me Challenge”

25. Make homemade jam.

26. Visit Emmett, ID and pick Cherries-check.  We went to the Cherry Festival, although we didn't get to pick any cherries.

27. Visit Syracuse Days-Check!  We almost didn't go due to unforseen circumstances.  But then Kaitlyn let me know that I was a "crappy mom" who always let work come first.  Needless to say, we packed up first thing on a Saturday morning and surprised my Mom and Dad.  My sister-in-law Kresta hooked the girls up with "VIP" passes to the carnival.  It was a short, but sweet visit.

28. Learn to fly fish

29. Go on 5 hikes around the Boise area

30. Have a garage sale

31. Dejunk and simplify my house so I don’t waste time managing “stuff”. -work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment