Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Summer Reading List:

I am in a bookclub, but over the summer we took a break due to busy summer schedules.  I took the break as an opportunity and challenge to turn off the tv and catch up on some reading.  Here is my list:

1. “Triumph”- Carolyn Jessop-


2. “The Lovely Bones”-

3. “Shadow Rising”- Robert Jordan- check.  My brother in law Forrest and brother Rick got me hooked on this "Wheel of Time" Series.  I'm now on book 5.   I would recommend them to anyone that likes fantasy.  I never dreamed that I would acutally like reading this genre.

4. “The Secret Life of Bees”

5. “The Mermaid Chair” almost done.

6. “The Achlemist”- almost done

7. “The Handmaid’s Tale”

8. "Under the Dome" by Stephen King- this was our summer bookclub selection.  I read all 1100+ pages in less than 2 weeks (I borrowed it from the library).  This was my introduction to reading anything Mr. King.  The book is very intense and compelling- definately keeps you interested.  However, the ending fell way too flat in my opinion and it was a bit too violent for my taste.  However, I welcomed the challenge of reading something out of my comfort zone- that's what I love about bookclub.

9. “How to win friends and influence people” –Dale Carnegie

10. “Eat, pray, love” –Elizabeth Gilbert

11. “Love and Logic”- this is my parenting Bible.  I've actually read it, but I find that I need to refer back to it often for support and guidance.

12. ‘The Help”- Katherine Stockett
 
I want to know what books you are reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment