Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

As you can see, I haven't been very faithful in keeping my blog updated.  And in all honestly, I probably won't do any better than what I'm doing now- I just don't have the time unless I drink lots of Dr. Pepper and blog really, really late at night.  I have been working on my resolutions for 2011 and thought if I posted them, I might have a better chance at actually following through this year.  I decided to focus on a few specific goals in different areas in my life instead of my normal mile long list of resolutions I've tend to come up with in the past.

1. Personal Goal: Workout 3 times a week. 
We got a family YMCA pass, so I figured I better get my money's worth.  I haven't done too bad so far.  I am really enjoying our Friday family night at the Y.  We are trying to meet up with my sister-in-law's family every other Friday night for swimming and working out.  The kids enjoy swimming and playing with their cousins while the parents take turns working out in the awesome workout facility that overlooks the pool. 

2. Marriage Goal: Date my husband twice a month without the kids. 
There was an awesome article in our paper about "Resolving to be a better parent" by John Rosemond.  One of the points he drives home is taking time to be actually be a couple for the sake of your marriage but to also show your children that the "world does not revolve around them".  Kip and I are finally ponying up some money for a babysitter so that we can enjoy some much needed time together.  We have one more week to squeeze in our final date for January.

3. Business Goal: Update my books weekly.  I'll let you in on a little secret... I am terrible at keeping all of my books updated electronically.  I file all of my receipts and have all of my sales written down.  But, I go months before I transfer all the data to my computer.  This drives my poor husband insane.  I am slowly getting more organized and setting a few minutes aside each week to input all of my invoices and receipts.  What can I say?  I'm a full time mom and part time business owner. 

4. Just for Fun Goal: Make a new chocolate cake recipe each month.  Cooking seems to be a popular resolution/goal since the movie "Julia and Julie" hit the big screen.  Chocolate cake is a treat that my sister-in-law Stephanie both enjoy.  But, it can't just be any old chocolate cake.  We like really good, rich, moist chocolate cake.  A few years ago, we sorta joked about searching for the best piece of chocolate cake whether it be from a bakery or a homemade recipe. Anyways, I thought I finally start searching.

So there you have it.  If anyone has any great recipes for chocolate cake, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment